Saturday 29 January 2011

Idea blocks

After seeing Gail Milburns article in Craft stamper i thought these were such a great idea so i made my own.I got the blocks from Hobbycraft and used some My Minds Eye papers, i adhered them with multi medium and sanded the edges. The labels were made with my Dymo Label maker.
I gave them a roll and i got Red,Glitter,Journal,Fantasy and ribbon so i created a Journal page using all these elements.I used Claudine Hellmuth paint, Silver adirondack dabber, Words from Downloads by Dyan Reaveley, ribbon from stash and images from The Octopode Factory. I didnt really want glitter on it so i kind of cheated and used Rock candy stickles.

I was just having a play around after watching Dyan Reaveleys video on a technique called ink ghosting and i used my own mixed ink sprays. I used distress re-inkers with either pearl pigments or Blonde moments pearls i have both, in mini misters with water. But i have just ordered some of Dyans dylusions so i intend on having a play when they arrive.I used what was left of a a Grungeboard mask pattern and them reversed it on the other side.
Thankq for looking

2 comments:

  1. Love your little blocks....I sae them in craft stamper and thought they were a fab idea, I have not got round to making any for myself yet!!

    Love your journaling pages too,....love that gorgeous vibrant red! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make those blocks too, went to the charity shop today and got some little wooden houses, unfortunately they are not square (Doh), so will have to use them for something else. Now will have to visit hobbycraft again and it will be your fault if I buy more than wood blocks....LOL

    ReplyDelete