Tuesday, 29 March 2011

Tim Inspired Frame

This frame started out as a flower picture which i gessoed and painted with crackle paint then rubbed distress ink in to enhance the crackle.I used Tims fragments with various papers, stamps and salvage stickers to create my tiles. The life blocks are grunge blocks with grunge letters fixed on painted then  sandedand inked to look like letterpress blocks. The backing paper is some i had spare with tissue tape on two edges and film strip over the top of one edge. The stamp and the larger wording down the side is from Stuff to say collection. Some ideology on the bottom just to finish it off.
All my materials are from Art from the heart.www.afth.co.uk
Thankq for looking

Friday, 4 March 2011

Stampotique Challenge Faux Barnwood technique

For this challenge you had to create a Faux barnwood effect following the instructions by  the Technique junkies. I used Teal paint as a base then when dry painted a layer of PVA glue then while tacky paint a layer of white acrylic and wait for the effect to happen. I must admit i didnt expect it to work as well as it did. I cut a door shape added various grunge hinges, brads and a bell to give a real door effect. I used Bow tie and coloured him with pro markers added a key after using distress inks Brushed corduroy and crushed olive on the background. To finish off i distressed the door edges.
Find this technique here Faux barnwood technique.
Thankq for looking

Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Its March already !

I was quite late starting March and it feels rushed but i got there. I started off with a yellow theme but lost it really. I used Dylusions acrylic paints  mustard, pink, turquiose and white. I used a new stencil and sponged white through and went back with turquiose over a new area. Then i sprayed Dylusions ink in Jade,pink,lemon and burnt orange. I flicked white and turquiose paint and scraped it around to spread it.
I stamped the vines from Dylusions around the edge stamp set with Distress ink peeled pain then coloured in with pro markers and edged in black pen. I cut the flowers from Tim Holtz die tattered florals, embossed some and they are held together with ideaology press studs. I finished with one Tims stamps in black.

I am going to number that flower as day 21 just for a change.
Here is Februarys complete.

Thankq for looking